Wallet Leather Care Guide
We are proud of the quality and craftsmanship of our wallets. Every CustomKings Personalised Wallet is designed to be tough enough to survive even the most rugged terrains while retaining its timeless beauty. Bumps, bangs, and scratches intensify the bag’s vintage look and beauty. The quality craftsmanship allows the bag to carry a heavy load while still retaining its shape. With proper care, your personalised wallet will hold up to decades of service.
IF YOUR WALLET GETS WET:
- Simply wipe dry with a soft leather cloth.
- Do not store your wallet while wet.
- Wipe off any moisture before storing to prevent mould or mildew.
- Do not use a hairdryer or any type of heat to dry your bag. Applying heat can cause the leather to crack or harden.
- Wipe spills off with a slightly dampened cloth.
- Do NOT use detergents or cleansers on your personalised wallet – this will discolour the leather and can destroy the engraving and wallet.
- If necessary: Use a soft toothbrush to gently scrub away any stains.
Your personalised leather wallet is designed to take a beating and still retain its luxurious antique leather look. Scratches and bumps help to increase the beauty of the bag and add to its unique vintage look.
TO ELIMINATE UNWANTED SCRATCHES:
- Using a soft dry cloth – rub the scratch in a circular motion to redistribute the wax coating.
- For a deep scratch – leather wax can be applied to bring the leather back to its previous condition.
- Leather cream or wax should be applied periodically to preserve softness and lustre.
SPECIAL CARE FOR YOUR PERSONALISED LEATHER WALLET:
Your Personalised Leather Wallet from CustomKings can last a lifetime when properly cared for. Each wallet has been designed to age beautifully – as it is 100% natural cowhide, the leather will change hue with every scratch and bump, adding to the striking vintage look our bags are famous for. This ability to change hue and retain the stunning antique lustre is exclusive. Wear and tear will increase the bag’s beauty – however, we recommend periodically treating your wallet with leather cream or wax to preserve its softness and sheen.
To ensure your wallet’s ability to retain its shape, lustre, and beauty for a lifetime of use we recommend:
TO AVOID STRETCHING THE LEATHER:
- Limit the number of items stored in the wallet over long periods.
- Limit storing large amounts of coins for long periods.
- Avoid over-stuffing card sections.
TO KEEP YOUR WALLET SOFT AND SUPPLE:
- TEST a small patch before coating the entire bag. Some products can change the colour of the leather.
- Apply a THIN, even layer of leather balm or leather wax to your bag with a soft, clean sponge.
- Wipe off any excess balm (or wax) with a soft, dry, leather cloth.
We strongly recommend periodically treating your wallet with a coating of leather balm or wax to prevent the leather from becoming dry or cracked.
Caution: Overuse of products designed to keep leather soft can result in too much softening and may result in the wallet being damaged.
We designed your Personalised Leather Wallet with durability, functionality, and beauty in mind. Our craftsmanship and materials are of the highest quality. Please follow our recommended care guide to keep your wallet in optimal condition, year after year. With proper care, your personalised leather wallet will last for decades of use.